My name is Mariya and I am completely and irreversibly in love with cinema! I can watch films all day, every day and I will die a happy person! They make me happy, they make me sad, they make me think, they make me “me”!
Since I always have a lot of opinions on movies (more than my friends can bear), I decided to start this blog and use my passion for constructive purposes!
A few things you would need to know about my blog posts:
1) I read a lot on films – from how they are made to reviews from a number of magazines, newspapers, websites, so if my posts don’t seem to have a common style yet, it is because I am still trying to find my “voice” and see which type of writing does the job for me.
2) In my reviews of currently screening films, I don’t describe the movie plots and I don’t tend to have spoilers. This is for a few reasons: if you haven’t watched the movie yet, you have probably at least seen the trailer so you know roughly what it is about and I don’t want to ruin the rest for you; and if you have seen the film, well…you have seen the film, so I just want to point out things you might have not noticed, or see if you agree/disagree with what I have written. The only times I would spend a little time on telling you about the plot is when I make suggestions for movies you might want to watch, including oldies or films that are not so mainstream.
3) The way I might be overly critical about movies, I am overly critical about my writing. I spent a lot of time researching and watching other relevant films before I write something (my flatmates can vouch for that!). So if you really disagree with what I have said, please be aware this is just one person’s opinion (although I should say it would usually be a very well informed one 😛 ), so don’t be angry but let me know what you think – you might point angles of the movie I haven’t considered previously 🙂
4) I am always open to new ideas and opinions, so if you have one, feel free to share it! Like one of my favourites – Mr Tony Stark a.k.a. Iron Man, I might “respectfully disagree”, but there is also a high chance of me taking your idea on board.
5) Writing about film gives me something to be really happy about, so I hope if you are reading my blog, you will be able to take something from it, too 🙂
So… That’s all Folks! Happy reading!